Fla. deputy dies in car crash
Officer Down: Deputy Sheriff Robin Tanner
MARATHON, Fla. Monroe County authorities say a sheriff's deputy responding to a call died when she apparently lost control of her vehicle and crashed into a building.
Deputy Robin Tanner was en route to a woman who wasn't breathing when she crashed into the Marathon Cleaners building about 7 a.m. Thursday. No one inside the building was injured.
Lt. David Folsom of the Florida Highway Patrol says Tanner had her lights and siren on at the time of the crash. He said that the road was wet and that Tanner lost control somehow.
Folsom says it's not clear what caused Tanner to lose control.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests