Ill. officer hurt in hit and run
By Jason Meisner
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO, Ill. — Chicago police this morning were searching for a car that struck and injured an officer overnight as she was investigating a traffic crash in the city's Lakeview neighborhood.
The incident occurred about 11:15 p.m. in the 500 block of West Belmont Avenue, police said.
The Town Hall District officer was outside her squad car conducting an investigation into a separate traffic crash when she was struck by a blue Ford Focus that was eastbound on Belmont, Capt. William Wallace said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. officer hurt in hit and run
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help