Ill. officer hurt in hit and run
By Jason Meisner
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO, Ill. — Chicago police this morning were searching for a car that struck and injured an officer overnight as she was investigating a traffic crash in the city's Lakeview neighborhood.
The incident occurred about 11:15 p.m. in the 500 block of West Belmont Avenue, police said.
The Town Hall District officer was outside her squad car conducting an investigation into a separate traffic crash when she was struck by a blue Ford Focus that was eastbound on Belmont, Capt. William Wallace said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. officer hurt in hit and run
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds