Milwaukee misconduct cases raise 'code of silence' questions
By Kevin Johnson
MILWAUKEE, Wis. — The beatings of Frank Jude and Lovell Harris triggered outrage in the city of Milwaukee.
Last year, when a Milwaukee jury did not convict three local police officers on battery charges for a beating in which Jude was kicked in the head and stabbed in both ears, the public fury intensified. A demonstration followed the verdicts, which Mayor Tom Barrett characterizes as a breakdown of the justice system.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds