2 N.J. officers injured subduing gunman
The Jersey Journal
HOBOKEN, N.J. — One police officer tore an Achilles tendon and another suffered hand and shoulder injuries when they subdued a man who had jammed a gun into one cop's ribcage.
Frank Gilyard, 28, of Irvington, faces charges including robbery, resisting arrest, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, hindering arrest and aggravated assault resulting in an injury to an officer, cops said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2 N.J. officers injured subduing gunman
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house