Tenn. officer injured in car accident
The Knoxville News-Sentinel
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A Knoxville Police Department officer was being treated Tuesday night for abrasions to his head after he rear-ended a sport utility vehicle at the intersection of Jacksboro Pike and Essary Drive in North Knoxville, authorities said.
The crash occurred shortly before 7 p.m. near Knoxville Fire Station No. 15. KPD Lt. Dusty Lane said that Offi cer Taylor Davis was responding to a nonemergency call in Fountain City. His lights and siren were not activated, Lane said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer injured in car accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police