Tenn. officer injured in car accident
The Knoxville News-Sentinel
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A Knoxville Police Department officer was being treated Tuesday night for abrasions to his head after he rear-ended a sport utility vehicle at the intersection of Jacksboro Pike and Essary Drive in North Knoxville, authorities said.
The crash occurred shortly before 7 p.m. near Knoxville Fire Station No. 15. KPD Lt. Dusty Lane said that Offi cer Taylor Davis was responding to a nonemergency call in Fountain City. His lights and siren were not activated, Lane said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer injured in car accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash