Security guard killed in confrontation at Texas border
EL PASO, Texas — A security guard at the Paso del Norte Bridge died after a confrontation with a male pedestrian who was crossing into Juarez, Mexico, police said.
"We know that (the security guard) was physically assaulted but we are still trying to determine what injuries were received and what inflicted those injuries," police spokesman Chris Mears said Tuesday night.
The security guard, who was working for a company contracted to maintain order at toll booths at the bridge, was taken to Thomason Hospital where he later died.
Police said that a man was detained at the scene and witnesses were being interviewed.
The names and ages of the two men were not immediately released.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house