NYPD fatally shoot one of FBI's 'most wanted'
NEW YORK - Authorities say a man killed by Brooklyn narcotics officers was on the FBI's "most wanted" list for the attempted murder of a police officer in Georgia.
Browne says the gun pointed at the Brooklyn narcotics officers may also have been used in the Georgia incident.
He says the gun was reported stolen from an acquaintance of Richardson on the same day the Georgia police officer was shot.
Richardson was shot on Tuesday night in East New York, Brooklyn. Three officers were treated for trauma.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help