NYPD fatally shoot one of FBI's 'most wanted'
NEW YORK - Authorities say a man killed by Brooklyn narcotics officers was on the FBI's "most wanted" list for the attempted murder of a police officer in Georgia.
Browne says the gun pointed at the Brooklyn narcotics officers may also have been used in the Georgia incident.
He says the gun was reported stolen from an acquaintance of Richardson on the same day the Georgia police officer was shot.
Richardson was shot on Tuesday night in East New York, Brooklyn. Three officers were treated for trauma.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert