3 officers, 4th motorist seriously hurt in Chicago crash
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO, Ill. — Three Chicago police officers and a motorist were seriously injured Thursday night when an unmarked squad car responding to an emergency call collided with another vehicle at a South Side intersection.
The accident happened shortly before 7 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue, in the city's Woodlawn neighborhood, Chicago Police Officer John Mirabelli said.
The Grand Crossing District officers in an unmarked squad car were responding to a call to assist another officer, Mirabelli said. Witnesses said the squad car's siren and emergency lights were activated.
"While en route to the call, the driver of a white Jaguar sedan made a turn into the path of the squad car," and the vehicles collided, Mirabelli said.
A Grand Crossing District captain said none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.
Copyright 2008 Chicago Tribune
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help