West Va. man charged with obstructing, wounding officer
CHARLESTON, West Va. — A Charleston man is charged with malicious wounding and obstructing an officer after he assaulted a man at his ex-girlfriend's house in South Charleston on Sunday, police said.
McCormick started punching Manns and struck him in the head with a drawer from a dresser, according to the complaint. Manns had to go the hospital to get stitches, according to the complaint.
McCormick fled from the house, but was quickly located at a Save-a-Lot grocery store. McCormick didn't admit who he was until police showed him a photograph of himself given to them by Stanley. Police found McCormick's wallet in a nearby trash can, according to the complaint.
McCormick was in South Central Regional Jail Monday evening.
Copyright 2008 Charleston Gazette
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman