Ariz. officer's arm slammed in car door during arrest
CHANDLER, Ariz. — A Chandler police officer on bike patrol was assaulted Tuesday evening when his left arm was slammed in a car door as he attempted to arrest a suspect.
When the officer tried to remove Bishop from the vehicle Bishop shut the car door on the officer's arm and attempted to resist arrest, police said.
Bishop was booked on suspicion of aggravated assault, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
Copyright 2008 The Arizona Republic
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests