Gunman arrested near U.S. Capitol
WASHINGTON D.C. — U.S. Capitol Police arrested a man carrying a rifle outside the Capitol building Friday, authorities said.
The man was in custody and no one was injured, police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider.
An officer first spotted the man near Union Station, about two blocks from the Capitol. A car belonging to the suspect was being searched.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police