Gunman arrested near U.S. Capitol
WASHINGTON D.C. — U.S. Capitol Police arrested a man carrying a rifle outside the Capitol building Friday, authorities said.
The man was in custody and no one was injured, police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider.
An officer first spotted the man near Union Station, about two blocks from the Capitol. A car belonging to the suspect was being searched.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds