Ammo, materials stolen from Calif. squad
GILROY, Calif. — A burglar stole ammunition and other "law enforcement materials" from an unmarked police car parked in northern Gilroy Friday night, officials reported.
Gilroy police Sgt. Joseph Deras said that at least one other car was burglarized in the area sometime between 9 p.m. Friday and early Saturday morning. Deras would not state more specifically what was taken in the heist, other than to specify that the stolen items were "work-related" but not weapons. The car did not belong to the Gilroy Police Department, but rather a police officer from another city whose car was parked in Gilroy.
Police said the thief gained entry to the car — an American sedan — by breaking its windows. Investigators did not identify a suspect Saturday.
Copyright 2008 The San Jose Mercury News
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ammo, materials stolen from Calif. squad
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms