Two charged with battery on La. officer
SHREVEPORT, La. — Two men are in custody on charges they scuffled with an off-duty police officer early this morning.
Waco Allen Day, 25, and James Attaway White, 26, each faces one count of simple battery on a police officer, according to police reports.
The two men were confronted by the female off-duty officer for disturbing the peace at The Willows apartment complex in the 1300 block of Coates Bluff about midnight. The officer asked the two to calm down and when one of them refused she attempted to arrest him.
The individual pulled away and shoved her. The officer called for back up and other patrol officers arrived as the Day and White tried to flee in a vehicle, according to reports.
Day also faces charges of resisting arrest, public intoxication and disturbing the peace. White faces an additional charge of DWI.
Copyright 2008 The Shreveport Times
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Two charged with battery on La. officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house