Utah suspect tries to run over officer
SALT LAKE CITY — A man who nearly hit a police officer while trying to flee from a pending sex solicitation arrest was eventually caught and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Thursday.
Officers followed the vehicle to 2000 South State. When investigators got out to approach the car, they found the man and woman engaged in a sex act, Bedard said.
When the officers identified themselves the man tried to take off, nearly hitting an officer in the process. The man stopped near 200 West and 1900 South, got out of the car and ran through several backyards. He was captured in a nearby lumber yard.
A 42-year-old man was arrested and booked into jail for investigation of aggravated assault on a police officer, sex solicitation and lewdness. The woman was cited for sex solicitation and lewdness and released.
Copyright 2008 Deseret Morning News
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah suspect tries to run over officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court