N.C. officer testifies about day he was shot in the head
By Gary L. Wright
The Charlotte Observer
CHARLOTTE — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Officer Kayvan Hazrati stared into the eyes of Christopher Ellerbe, the man accused of shooting him in the forehead.
Ellerbe, charged in the shootings of two police officers nearly two years ago, is defending himself in his trial. On Friday, he was cross-examining Hazrati about the day police came to arrest him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house