N.C. officer testifies about day he was shot in the head
By Gary L. Wright
The Charlotte Observer
CHARLOTTE — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Officer Kayvan Hazrati stared into the eyes of Christopher Ellerbe, the man accused of shooting him in the forehead.
Ellerbe, charged in the shootings of two police officers nearly two years ago, is defending himself in his trial. On Friday, he was cross-examining Hazrati about the day police came to arrest him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help