Ga. department adds 127 officers
By Ty Tagami
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DEKALB, Ill. - Despite a tight economy, DeKalb County found enough money this year to expand its Police Department by more than 10 percent.
In a close vote Tuesday on the $635 million budget for 2008, county commissioners slashed spending on technology, lawyers and other functions and drew on emergency funds to pay for 127 new police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. department adds 127 officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court