St. Louis PD examining its warrant practices
By Joe Mahr
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — St. Louis city police are re-evaluating their practice of not seeking warrants for thousands of fugitives suspected of felonies after a Post-Dispatch investigation found the fugitives could pass police checks elsewhere and be let go.
"It points out issues we need to examine," said Chief Joe Mokwa.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Louis PD examining its warrant practices
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman