Man tries to run down Pa. police chief
By Jim McKinnon
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
FAYETTE COUNTY, Pa. — A search is on for a Fayette County man who state police said tried to run over a township police chief during a traffic stop yesterday.
James Simon Thompson, 52, of Redstone, has been charged in the incident with aggravated assault, simple assault and resisting arrest, though he remains a fugitive, state police in Uniontown said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man tries to run down Pa. police chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house