Man tries to run down Pa. police chief
By Jim McKinnon
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
FAYETTE COUNTY, Pa. — A search is on for a Fayette County man who state police said tried to run over a township police chief during a traffic stop yesterday.
James Simon Thompson, 52, of Redstone, has been charged in the incident with aggravated assault, simple assault and resisting arrest, though he remains a fugitive, state police in Uniontown said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man tries to run down Pa. police chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help