Police stepping up use of special fugitive squads
By Maria Cramer and Shelley Murphy
The Boston Globe
DORCHESTER, Mass. — The tip came in on a cool March morning: A fugitive wanted on a gun charge was hiding in his girlfriend’s three-decker in Dorchester, there for the taking.
When the officers arrived, some of them fanned out around the house while a few others did something that isn’t exactly the stuff of a prime-time television drama. They walked up the front steps and rang the doorbell.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform