Suspect confesses to killing Auburn student
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
PHENIX CITY, Ala. — The Alabama man charged with killing Auburn University freshman Lauren Burk confessed to police that he shot the Marietta native during a robbery and attempted rape last week, according to murder warrants read during his first court hearing.
In affidavits for the murder warrants charging Courtney Lockhart with three counts of capital murder, Auburn police Detective Randy Armstrong stated that Lockhart "admitted that he forced Ms. Burk into her car and robbed her of personal property.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspect confesses to killing Auburn student
- School Violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds