Texas police struggle at rap concert
GALVESTON, Texas — Police say officers were overwhelmed trying to restore order as a spring break rap concert ended in multiple fights on the beach at Galveston, Texas.
Galveston police Lt. Jorge Trevino says it took officers almost four hours to clear the streets after the concert on Sunday and at least 12 people were arrested.
Four officers were initially assigned to patrol the concert but eventually all of Galveston's on-duty officers were sent to the scene.
The concert was called the ''Spring Break Party Beach Bash.'' It was hosted by a Houston radio station that said scheduled performers included 2 Pistols, Colby O'Donnis, Lil Wil & Lil Keke, and Webbie.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help