For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
By Jill Leovy
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — It was among the most brutal Southland homicides in recent memory: On a sunny Sunday afternoon last fall, two men jumped out of an SUV and set Marcial Sanchez on fire, in full view of a crowd on Cesar Chavez Boulevard in East Los Angeles.
Police are increasingly seeing witnesses being intimidated. (AP Photo/Don Heupel)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house