Fake cop, sirens blaring, pulled over by real one
By Kevin Deutsch
The Palm Beach Post
Related: Protecting the public from LE impersonators
BOYTON BEACH — A Palm Beach Gardens firefighter impersonating a police officer took his act to a whole other level Thursday night, driving 100 miles per hour to pull over a speeding vehicle on Interstate 95 and activating an elaborate siren system in his Toyota pickup before a real cop busted him, Boynton Beach police said today.
The faux cop, Terry Scott Petruzzi, 39, gave chase to a speeding Nissan pickup truck before the Boynton Beach police officer pulled both trucks over shortly before 7 p.m., police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform