N.C. trooper fatally shoots man who pepper-sprayed him
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer
CONOVER, N.C. - A Conover man was shot to death by a Highway Patrol trooper late Thursday after he fled during a traffic stop and doused the officer with pepper spray, authorities said.
Trooper J.D. Connors pulled over 30-year-old Derek Neal Bowman's truck shortly after 11:30 p.m. when he spotted the white pickup swerving and driving erratically on Lee Cline Road, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house