N.C. trooper fatally shoots man who pepper-sprayed him
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer
CONOVER, N.C. - A Conover man was shot to death by a Highway Patrol trooper late Thursday after he fled during a traffic stop and doused the officer with pepper spray, authorities said.
Trooper J.D. Connors pulled over 30-year-old Derek Neal Bowman's truck shortly after 11:30 p.m. when he spotted the white pickup swerving and driving erratically on Lee Cline Road, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court