N.Y. officer hospitalized after attack
By Steve Ritea
ROCKVILLE, N.Y. — A Rockville Centre police officer was briefly hospitalized early yesterday after being attacked by a man who pushed, kicked and fought with him while he was being placed under arrest, authorities said.
Charles Parsley, 24, of 188 N. Centre Ave., was charged with second-degree assault, resisting arrest, two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. officer hospitalized after attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help