Report: Conn. officer's death may be suicide
The Boston Globe
Related: Police officer suicide prevention
NORWALK, Conn.—Norwalk police are considering evidence that the death of an 11-year police veteran may have been suicide, according to published reports.
The New Haven Register on Tuesday quoted a confidential message written by Norwalk's police chief to chiefs throughout the state about the investigation of Officer Matthew Morelli's death. Morelli, 38, died early Friday in a secluded parking lot in south Norwalk, about 50 miles northeast of New York City, after telling dispatchers he was investigating suspicious activity.
The shooting sparked a manhunt that involved helicopters, police dogs and officers from several departments.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Report: Conn. officer's death may be suicide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house