42 arrested in gambling ring
The Associated Press
HACKENSACK, N.J. - Authorities are announcing arrests in a New Jersey organized crime investigation that seized more than $5 million.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says 42 individuals were involved in racketeering, gambling, money laundering and drugs.
The group operated in Bergen, Hudson, Monmouth and Ocean counties.
Authorities say several of the suspects controlled a large-scale illegal gambling ring that is allegedly controlled by members of the Genovese organized crime family.
Authorities say the gambling probe eventually uncovered a widespread drug distribution network.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests