DUI suspect crashes into Ind. trooper's car
INDIANA — An Indiana State Police trooper was injured this morning when a suspected drunken driver crashed into the back of his patrol car on I-465 on the Southside.
Trooper Mike Eland was investigating a crash involving an intoxicated driver on westbound I-465 near the I-65 exit when a vehicle driven by another suspected drunken driver crashed into the back of his squad car at about 3:40 a.m., Cpl. Jeff Simmons said.
Eland, who was sitting inside the squad car, suffered a concussion and was transported to St. Francis Hospital and later released, Simmons said.
Eland, who has been on the department for nine months, was parked behind a tow truck with his emergency lights running at the time of the crash, Simmons said.
The other drivers involved were arrested, Simmons said. Their names were not immediately available.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DUI suspect crashes into Ind. trooper's car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police