Study: More LAPD suicides than LODDs
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - Police officers in Los Angeles are more likely to take their own life than be killed by a criminal, according to a report presented today to the Police Commission.
The data was included in a study by police psychologists who are in the process of retooling the agency's suicide prevention program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Study: More LAPD suicides than LODDs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests