Fla. officer shot during traffic stop
By Timothy Gibbons
The Florida Times-Union
PALATKA, Fla. — A Palatka police officer shot during a traffic stop Saturday night was released from the hospital Sunday while the driver remains in the Putnam County Jail on a bevy of charges related to the incident.
Palatka Police Cpl. Pete Ruiz stopped Paul Savage around 8 p.m. Saturday because the man was driving recklessly on U.S. 17, police said. When Ruiz approached the driver's door, Savage, 39, shot him in the left shoulder.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer shot during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds