N.C. department gets special units
By Matt Dees
The News & Observer
DURHAM, N.C. — Four flexible crime-fighting squads, designed to work either as smaller teams or as a single unit, are the splashiest part of Police Chief Jose Lopez's department reshuffling.
Lopez said the new HEAT squads — High Enforcement Abatement Teams — assigned to four of the five city districts, will be able to respond more quickly to trouble spots.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. department gets special units
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds