Fla. officer jumped by 75 people at water park
By Amy L. Edwards
The Orlando Sentinel
Related: Details emerge in attack on cop at water park
ORLANDO — An Orlando police officer was rushed by 50 to 75 people Sunday afternoon, some of whom reportedly then punched him, when he tried to arrest a disorderly teen who had refused to leave the Wet 'n Wild water park.
Orange County jail records show that Officer David McKinnon asked Midelend Jean of Deerfield Beach to leave the park because she was verbally abusing employees who asked her not to lie on the gift-shop floor. McKinnon wrote in a charging affidavit obtained by the Orlando Sentinel that he repeatedly asked Jean to leave, but the 18-year-old refused and cursed at him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer jumped by 75 people at water park
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy