Details emerge in attack on cop at water park
By Andrew Ba Tran
Related: Fla. officer jumped by 75 people at water park
FORT LAUDERDALE — The brawl that erupted between high school students at an Orlando theme park on Sunday was so raucous that police officers repeatedly used chemical spray to disperse fighting teens, according to police reports released Tuesday.
While police tried to stop the fighting, about 100 young people tried to charge the gates at the Wet 'n Wild water park to regain entry and some accosted its security staff and police, the reports said. When one officer tried to order about 20 teenagers off a bus and pulled his handgun, they told him they were not afraid, prompting him to use the chemical spray, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details emerge in attack on cop at water park
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms