Protecting torch cost S.F. $500K in police OT
By Wyatt Buchanan
The San Francisco Chronicle
Watch the P1 exclusive Olympic slideshow of images
SAN FRANCISCO — The Olympic torch run through San Francisco was free of chaotic scenes of people trying to snatch the flame from runners, though most people who came to see it did not.
It cost taxpayers a significant amount of money nonetheless.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Protecting torch cost S.F. $500K in police OT
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman