Va. officer's cause: fight domestics
By Michael Martz
The Richmond Times-Dispatch
RICHMOND, Va. — Richmond Police Sgt. Carol D. Adams says she is shy, but she certainly isn't silent.
Adams was 17 when her mother was killed by her father. Now 45, the former detective has found her voice by raising money to help other local families hurt by domestic violence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. officer's cause: fight domestics
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house