Va. officer's cause: fight domestics
By Michael Martz
The Richmond Times-Dispatch
RICHMOND, Va. — Richmond Police Sgt. Carol D. Adams says she is shy, but she certainly isn't silent.
Adams was 17 when her mother was killed by her father. Now 45, the former detective has found her voice by raising money to help other local families hurt by domestic violence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. officer's cause: fight domestics
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help