Police taking anti-gang talks to kids
By Sharif Durhams
The Charlotte Observer
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. — Wearing a hooded sweatshirt backward so that it covered his eyes, a Kannapolis Middle School student stumbled as Officer Daniel Wallace ordered him around.
A fellow student tried to guide him to avoid stepping on pieces of paper that said "drugs," "alcohol," "violence" and "teen pregnancy."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police taking anti-gang talks to kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help