Calif. dept. getting in-car cameras
By Ben Aguirre Jr.
Inside Bay Area
FREMONT, Calif. — It's expensive, but in the end it could become a priceless tool for police officers, the city and its residents.
The City Council has approved purchasing a half-million-dollar in-car video camera system that will record the happenings inside and outside police patrol vehicles.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. dept. getting in-car cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house