Calif. dept. getting in-car cameras
By Ben Aguirre Jr.
Inside Bay Area
FREMONT, Calif. — It's expensive, but in the end it could become a priceless tool for police officers, the city and its residents.
The City Council has approved purchasing a half-million-dollar in-car video camera system that will record the happenings inside and outside police patrol vehicles.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. dept. getting in-car cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help