Fake cop pulls over woman, attacks her
The Chicago Tribune
Related: Protecting the public from LE impersonators
BUFFALO GROVE, Il. — A woman told Buffalo Grove investigators that her car was stopped over the weekend by a man posing as an undercover police officer who handcuffed her and then attempted to assault her, authorities said Monday.
The woman said she was driving on Thompson Boulevard near Arlington Heights Road about 5 a.m. Saturday when she was stopped by a man driving a silver, four-door Audi, police said. The man identified himself as an officer, then handcuffed her and placed her into his car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fake cop pulls over woman, attacks her
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman