Fake cop pulls over woman, attacks her
The Chicago Tribune
Related: Protecting the public from LE impersonators
BUFFALO GROVE, Il. — A woman told Buffalo Grove investigators that her car was stopped over the weekend by a man posing as an undercover police officer who handcuffed her and then attempted to assault her, authorities said Monday.
The woman said she was driving on Thompson Boulevard near Arlington Heights Road about 5 a.m. Saturday when she was stopped by a man driving a silver, four-door Audi, police said. The man identified himself as an officer, then handcuffed her and placed her into his car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fake cop pulls over woman, attacks her
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help