Driver in accident that killed cop pays fees
By Tyeesha Dixon
The Baltimore Sun
Officer Down: Officer First Class Scott Wheeler
HOWARD COUNTY, Md. — The case against the Columbia woman who was speeding when her car struck and killed a Howard County police officer last year has been dismissed after she paid the traffic fines resulting from the accident, the county state's attorney's office said yesterday.
Prosecutors said Stephanie Latoya Grissom paid two traffic citations Friday rather than appear in District Court to contest the case, which was scheduled for today. Grissom received three points on her driving record and paid $310 in fines for negligent driving and speeding, investigators said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Driver in accident that killed cop pays fees
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help