Atlanta rookies to walk beats
By Eric Stirgus
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — The Atlanta City Council on Monday voted to put rookie police officers on foot and bicycle patrols in high-crime neighborhoods.
The council also passed a resolution urging the police department to create a permanent foot patrol unit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Atlanta rookies to walk beats
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds