Atlanta rookies to walk beats
By Eric Stirgus
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — The Atlanta City Council on Monday voted to put rookie police officers on foot and bicycle patrols in high-crime neighborhoods.
The council also passed a resolution urging the police department to create a permanent foot patrol unit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Atlanta rookies to walk beats
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms