Letter takes credit for shooting officer
By Stan Finder
The Wichita Eagle
WICHITA — Wichita police are investigating a letter claiming credit for the shooting of an off-duty officer downtown on March 25 — and threatening to shoot several more officers.
The letter was brought to the Patrol East substation on May 7 by a man who said it had been tacked to a bulletin board in a laundry room at Village Park at Cedarbrooke apartments, 8406 E. Harry.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Letter takes credit for shooting officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform