Wis. police report crime down by 12%
By Ryan Haggerty
MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Major crimes in Milwaukee decreased 11.8% in the first three months of 2008 compared with the same period last year, according to statistics released by the Milwaukee Police Department Thursday night.
Among the seven major crimes - homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft - only burglary increased, jumping 10.6%.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. police report crime down by 12%
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform