Officer, patrol car hit during traffic stop
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A driver who was pulled over after running a stop sign tried to run over an officer, police said. But the officer hobbled back into his cruiser Friday and chased down the suspect.
Police then stunned Marvin Deuise, 27, of Fort Lauderdale, with a Taser and arrested him after he crashed his car in a home's yard, authorities said.
Deuise faces several charges, including battery on a law enforcement officer. He also faces charges of narcotics possession after officers found powder and crack cocaine and marijuana in his car, Detective Kathy Collins said. Jonathan Cruz, who police say was in the car with Deuise, was charged with resisting arrest.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer, patrol car hit during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic