Ga. child gets wish to 'fight bad guys'
By Karen Rosen
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — Wearing a uniform that was just his size, complete with Stetson hat, handcuffs, flashlight and sleeve patches as big as his biceps, Darrien Salter went right to work Thursday.
The 7-year-old from Lawrenceville spent the day as Officer Salter, Badge No. 1273. Just call him "the short arm of the law."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. child gets wish to 'fight bad guys'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman