Tenn. robber drags cop behind truck
The Associated Press
DYERSBURG, Tenn. — Police in Dyersburg said two men suspected of stealing beer from a convenience store dragged an officer across a parking lot with a pickup truck when he tried to stop them.
City Police Captain Steve Isbell said Tuesday the owner of the truck then tried to elude suspicion by reporting his vehicle stolen.
Officer Eric Larson was dragged across the parking lot at the All in One convenience store before dawn Monday, his head striking a retaining wall.
He was treated for a head laceration and released.
Police arrested Justin Mancell at his house and charged him with falsely reporting his truck stolen.
He was still in jail Tuesday in lieu of $10,000 bond.
Isbell said police were still looking for Deangelo Liggons and have a warrant for attempted second-degree murder against him.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police