Texas officer killed pursuing motorist
The Daily Sentinel
CARTHAGE, Texas — A Carthage police officer died in a wreck while he was on duty early Tuesday morning. Everett Dennis, 23, was killed when his vehicle rolled over and he was thrown from the car. The wreck happened on the southeast Loop in Carthage.
Carthage Assistant Police Chief Michelle Jeter said Dennis was responding to a speeding car and might have been side-swiped by another car or an animal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas officer killed pursuing motorist
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police