Ohio officer struck in head with baseball bat
By Malcolm Hall
The Canton Repository
CANTON, Ohio — A city police officer who was struck on his head at least twice by a man using a baseball bat this afternoon is in serious condition in Aultman Hospital's intensive care unit.
Officer John Clark was assaulted inside the Wal-Mart at 4000 Tuscarawas St. W around 1 p.m. while responding to a call concerning a panhandler, according to police. The suspect, a 23-year-old Canton man, is facing three felony charges.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio officer struck in head with baseball bat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman