Details emerge in Baltimore police shooting
By Gus Sentementes and Bret Jones
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE — A moving car containing three men fired upon Baltimore police before officers shot back, killing two of them outside a rowdy Fourth of July party, authorities disclosed yesterday as new details of Saturday's shooting emerged.
City police officers, who were in uniform and in a marked cruiser, arrived at a Southwest Baltimore union hall about 1:30 a.m. as people were leaving and someone reported gunshots. As the three men drove away, someone inside the car fired at police officers, causing the officers to return fire, according to Sterling Clifford, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details emerge in Baltimore police shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house