Shock, grief over Oakland lieutenant's death
Police officer suicide: Recognizing the signs and helping our colleagues in distress
Police Officer Suicide: Frequency and officer profiles
Few police agencies address suicides within ranks
By Harry Harris
The Oakland Tribune
OAKLAND, Calif. — Current and former members of the Oakland Police Department, relatives and friends are mourning the loss of popular and respected Lt. Derrick Norfleet, who died Wednesday at his Vallejo home from what authorities said was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Shock, grief over Oakland lieutenant's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman